The Spalding® Basketball "Uncle Drew" Purchase Sweepstakes Official Rules. No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Spalding® Basketball Purchase Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or of the legal age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Russell Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. (“Lionsgate”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“tD”), (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws, rules and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and tD’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Lionsgate is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of winners or the fulfillment of prizes. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Lionsgate.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 19, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 1, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. (“Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter during the Promotion Period: 1) Via Spalding® Basketball Purchase at Spalding.com: Visit Spalding.com (the “Website”) and purchase a Spalding® Basketball or Spalding® Basketball System. You will receive one (1) entry for each eligible transaction during the Entry period, regardless of how many items of merchandise were purchased in that transaction. There is a limit of one (1) transaction per day (participation is subject to disqualification of all entries if multiple accounts are used by the same person); and 2) Mail In: Hand print your full name, complete mailing address, birth date including day, month and year, email address, and telephone number (including area code) on a plain 3”x 5” note card, and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Spalding® Basketball Purchase Sweepstakes, 211 Greenwood Ave. 2-2, Promo 512, Bethel, CT 06801. Enter as often as you wish by mail, but each entry must be mailed separately. All 3”x 5” mail entries must be post marked on or before May 15, 2018 and received by May 21, 2018. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and mail-in entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. No photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries are permitted and all such entries will be void. Entries by any means, which subvert the entry process, will be void. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, garbled, lost, illegible, delayed or misdirected, or stolen, entries, purchases, or text messages, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems, lost entries, text messages or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, wireless service provider or other connections, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or technical failures, garbled, misrouted, scrambled transmissions, printing, typographical or other errors in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials, or other errors or problems of any kind whether computer, network, cellular, human, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or text messages or in the announcement of the prizes. The use of automated or similar devices, including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, macro, script, or sweepstakes service (or any other devices intended to automate any aspect of entry) to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries made through such means are void. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s wireless phone/handset/computer/device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes only. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort.
4. How to Enter: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 22, 2018 from among all eligible entries received by tD, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of winners will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email. The potential Grand Prize winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. If an individual declines the prize or does not respond to the notification email in the allotted time period, his/her prize opportunity will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entrant will be deemed as follows: 1) Purchase: Entrant will be deemed the person named on the billing address form completed during checkout; and 2) Mail: Entrant will be deemed the person named on the applicable entry. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrants’ e-mail accounts to receive e-mail messages. The Released Parties are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that Sponsor has determined, in its sole and exclusive opinion, fail to adhere to these Official Rules, expose Sponsor to any unacceptable degree of technical, legal, or financial risks or problems, uses text and/or other components in a manner objectionable to Sponsor or its affiliates.
5. One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of: (i) two (2) tickets (one (1) for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) for a guest) to attend a premiere screening of the motion picture, “Uncle Drew,” (the “Premiere”) currently contemplated to take place in New York, New York; (ii) two (2) round-trip coach airfares for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from the major airport nearest to winner’s residence in the U.S. (to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (iii) two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations for the Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion at a New York area hotel as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only); and (iv) ground transportation to and from the airport and the applicable hotel (collectively, the “Trip”). The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize package is $3,500. The ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the actual fair market value and, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Actual prize value will vary depending on winner's city of departure. In the event that a stated ARV is more than the actual fair market value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if winner lives within a reasonable driving distance of New York, NY as determined by Sponsor, and to award no additional compensation or substitution for the difference in prize value. Travel and hotel arrangements shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. The Trip must be taken on such dates and times designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
“Uncle Drew” is scheduled for theatrical release on June 29, 2018. The Premiere, if any, is anticipated to occur on June 26, 2018, but the specific date is subject to change. Nothing set forth herein shall be construed to require Sponsor or Lionsgate to hold a premiere of “Uncle Drew” at any particular time, or at all. Once the Grand Prize winner’s guest is designated, he/she may not be substituted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in the Trip during the dates set forth by Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Sponsor reserves the right to change the dates of the Trip in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner and his or her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age or older) unless they are the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, at their own expense, prior to travel and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by Grand Prize winner and their guest. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. In the event that the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest are unable to obtain necessary travel documents prior to the departure date of the Trip outlined above the Grand Prize winner in question will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety and the Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the Premiere is canceled or postponed for any reason, the Grand Prize will be awarded less the applicable Premiere-related activity(s) and Sponsor will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of comparable or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor, and no additional compensatory prize will be awarded to the winner in such event. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The roundtrip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Exact seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The ARV for travel prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination fare fluctuations. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. Any prizes pictures in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. All details and other restrictions of the Grand Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize(s) (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value (except as otherwise provided above), at its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded, are winners’ sole responsibility, including, without limitation, additional ground transportation, luggage fees, tips, incidentals, meals and gratuities with respect to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor (the “Prize Claim Documents”) within one (1) day of date of receipt of documents. The Grand Prize winners’ respective guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence unless they are the child or legal ward of winner, and such guest (if child or legal ward of winner) will be required to execute and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to redeeming any prize award. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting. If the prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if a potential winner fails to execute and return all required documents within the specified time period, or Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected. Grand Prize winners and their respective guests must agree to comply with all venue and hotel rules and regulations relating to their participation and redemption of the Grand Prize (as applicable) and, in accordance therewith, agree not to engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of a prize or prize element (as applicable), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion home with o further compensation. The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Grand Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents and/or other travel documents. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1) disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, the operation of Spalding.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, and 2) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including should any virus, bug, worm, unauthorized intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, terrorist activities, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winners from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. By participating, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such entrant’s name, voice, city/state of residence, biographical information, photograph, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and for TV or radio broadcasts and for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification; and 2) Released Parties are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, or participation in this Promotion, including any travel or related activities associated with the foregoing. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or use or redemption of Grand Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
7. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: 1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS, and held in New York County, New York; 2) the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; 3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction; 4) the arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; and 5) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Sponsor. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
10. Grand Prize Winner List: For the winner’s name (available after July 23, 2018), visit http://winners.teamdigital.com/UncleDrewpremier.
11. Sponsor: Russell Brands, LLC, One Fruit of the Loom Drive, Bowling Green, KY 42102.
12. Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd., Bethel, CT 06801/www.teamdigital.com.