The Spalding® Basketball Purchase Sweepstakes Official Rules. No Purchase or Text Message Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Spalding® Basketball Purchase Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or of the legal age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Russell Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties, Inc., Walton Isaacson, LLC, NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, Twitter, Instagram, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“tD”), (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws, rules and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and tD’s decisions which are final and binding in all matter related to The Spalding® Basketball Purchase sweepstakes.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 11/28/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/16/18 (“Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter during the Promotion Period: 1) Via Spalding® Basketball Purchase at Spalding.com: Visit Spalding.com and purchase a Spalding® Basketball. You will receive one (1) entry for each eligible transaction during the Entry period, regardless of how many items of merchandise were purchased in that transaction. There is a limit of one (1) transaction per day (participation is subject to disqualification of all entries if multiple accounts are used by the same person); 2) Mail In: Hand print your full name, complete mailing address, birth date including day, month and year, email address, and telephone number (including area code) on a plain 3”x 5” note card, and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Spalding® Basketball Purchase Sweepstakes, 211 Greenwood Ave. 2-2, PROMO 502 BOX #505, Bethel, CT 06801. Enter as often as you wish by mail, but each entry must be mailed separately. All 3”x 5” mail entries must be post marked on or before 1/15/18 and received by 1/22/18. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and mail-in entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries.
Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. No photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries are permitted and all such entries will be void. Entries by any means, which subvert the entry process, will be void. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, garbled, lost, illegible, delayed or misdirected, or stolen, entries, purchases, or text messages, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems, lost entries, text messages or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, wireless service provider or other connections, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or technical failures, garbled, misrouted, scrambled transmissions, printing, typographical or other errors in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials, or other errors or problems of any kind whether computer, network, cellular, human, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or text messages or in the announcement of the prizes. The use of automated or similar devices, including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, macro, script, or sweepstakes service (or any other devices intended to automate any aspect of entry) to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries made through such means are void. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s wireless phone/handset/computer/device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes only. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort.
4. Winner Selection/Odds: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 1/23/18 from among all eligible entries received by tD, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of winners will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email. The potential Grand Prize winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. If an individual declines the prize or does not respond to the notification email in the allotted time period, his/her prize opportunity will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entrant will be deemed as follows: 1) Purchase: Entrant will be deemed the person named on the billing address form completed during checkout; and 2) Mail: Entrant will be deemed the person named on the applicable entry. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrants’ e-mail accounts to receive e-mail messages. The Released Parties are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information.
5. One (1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night trip for two to NBA All-Star 2018 in Los Angeles, CA between February 17, 2018 and February 19, 2018 consisting of round-trip coach air transportation from a major airport nearest to winner’s residence in the U.S. (travel must be round trip, black out date may apply, airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply, trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles), standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations, ground transportation to/from the airport and the applicable hotel, and two (2) tickets to the following events: 2018 NBA All-Star Saturday Night and the 2018 NBA All-Star Game (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize package=$4,000). Actual prize value will vary depending on winner's city of departure. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if winner lives within a reasonable driving distance of Los Angeles, CA as determined by Sponsor, and to award no additional compensation or substitution for the difference in prize value. Travel and hotel arrangements determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Trip must be taken on dates and times designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless they are the child or legal ward of winner. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, at their own expense, prior to travel. In the event that the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest are unable to obtain necessary travel documents prior to trip departure date outlined above the Grand Prize winner in question will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety and the Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the NBA All-Star 2018 is canceled or postponed for any reason, travel prize will be awarded less applicable prize-related activity(s) and Sponsor will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of comparable or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor, and no additional compensatory prize will be awarded to winner in such event. Winner and guest must comply with arena rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of applicable prize element. Exact seat locations at games to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed.
6. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize(s) (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value (except as otherwise provided above), at its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded, are winners’ sole responsibility, including, without limitation, transportation to/from games and additional ground transportation, luggage fees, tips, incidentals, meals and gratuities with respect to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor within one (1) day of date of receipt of documents. The Grand Prize winners’ respective guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence unless they are the child or legal ward of winner, and such guest (if child or legal ward of winner) will be required to execute and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to prize award. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting. If the prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, if a potential winner fails to execute and return all required documents within the specified time period, or Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected. Grand Prize winners and their respective guests must agree to comply with all NBA and venue rules and regulations relating to the use of NBA game/event tickets (as applicable) and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at such game. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize or prize element (as applicable). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1) disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, the operation of NBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, and 2) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including should virus, bug, worm, unauthorized intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, terrorist activities, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winners from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. By participating, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such entrant’s name, voice, city/state of residence, biographical information, photograph, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and for the purpose of posting his/her name on NBA.com and for TV or radio broadcasts and for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification; and 2) Released Parties are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, or participation in this Promotion, including any travel or related activities associated with the foregoing. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or use or redemption of Grand Prize.
7. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: 1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and held in New York County, New York; 2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and 3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
10. Grand Prize Winner List: For the winner’s name (available after 3/23/18), visit http://winners.teamdigital.com/SpaldingBasketball.
11. Sponsor: Russell Brands, LLC, One Fruit of the Loom Drive, Bowling Green, KY 42102.
12. Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd., Bethel, CT 06801/www.teamdigital.com.